A facility maintenance plan establishes the routine maintenance procedures for your facility.
As a facility manager, you can determine your preventative maintenance list and task schedule by outlining current processes and which staff members handle each task.
Determine the benefits of outsourcing your maintenance staff by comparing costs for in-house maintenance with a full service managed program.
A preventive maintenance plan includes:
- the purpose of the maintenance policy,
- general methods for developing a maintenance schedule,
- inventory list,
- who is responsible for ensuring inventory,
- maintenance tasks that are regularly performed,
- who is responsible for the general oversight of maintenance.
Develop a recordkeeping system including work orders, equipment procurement and staff training. You can hire a contractual maintenance professional to assist in the development of a recordkeeping procedure. A standard operating procedure (SOP) can define task items as routine, emergency, or preventive maintenance. Staff training on all preventive maintenance plans will prevent safety issues and saves costs as employees preform task more efficiently.